Organization Name: Child Advocates
About Our Organization: Child Advocates is an organization that was created to represent and protect the best interest of children in Marion County who are victims of abuse and/or neglect. Staff members and community volunteers are part of a legal process that ensures these children receive a safe, permanent home.
Job Department: 200
Reports to: Manager of Communications & Development
Job Location: Indianapolis
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Marketing/Communications intern supports the mission of the Child Advocates to protect children who are victims of abuse and neglect and ensure all children thrive. The Marketing & Communications intern will assist the Communications Manager with writing and editing blog posts, interviewing volunteers and supporters, social media posts, capturing video, research, and graphic design in a collaborative, hands-on environment.
· College Junior/Senior Communications
· Marketing or Communications major.
· Preferred Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
· Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite,
· Preferred Proficient in Google applications
· Knowledge and/or experience or interest in Nonprofit & Child Welfare
· Create mission and event postcards/flyers using Adobe Creative Suite.
· Create Superhero Run deliverable's using Adobe Creative Suite.
· Interview and capture volunteer/success case stories for blog and other publications.
· Capture short video testimonials via smartphone.
· List all agency events, training's, info sessions, etc. on community calendars.
· Assist in event planning and communication efforts for special events
· Create graphics for social media and website usage
· Create and deliver social through all social channels
· Interview and capture volunteer and donor success stories for blog and other publications.
· Mandatory Event Participation: June 1 Superhero Run & July 20 Free Kids Fair
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Employee must have a valid driver’s license and be properly insured. This position may require the use of the employee’s personal vehicle to be used in performing some of the aspects of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the may be required to drive, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Communicating with Persons outside Organization
Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
Data base user interface and query software
Desktop publishing software
Electronic mail software